The Clerk's Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. No appointment is necessary to apply for a passport. 


Notice: As of July 6, 2011 the Clewiston Clerk's Office will no longer be accepting passport applications.


For more detailed information visit the National Passport Information Center website at or call them at 1-877-487-2778

 Fee Schedule for Passports 

  • DS-11 (Age 16 and over) $110.00 – check or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State (The U.S. Department of State does not accept counter or temporary checks)
  • Execution Fee of $35.00 – cash, check or money order made payable to Clerk of Circuit Court
  • DS-11 (Under Age 16) $80.00 – check or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State
  • Execution Fee of $35.00 – cash, check, credit card, or money order made payable to Clerk of Circuit Court
  • DS-82 – Application by mail, $110.00 – check or money order
  • Expedited Service $60.00, check or money order
  • File Search Fee $150.00, check or money order
  • Passport Photos, $10.00 - Can be taken in the Clerk's Office
  • Overnight envelope $26.00 - cash, check, credit card, or money order made payable to  Clerk of Circuit Court
  • Overnight return service $16.48 - check or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State 
  • New fee:  $1.00 for the Clerk's Office to make a copy of you primary U.S. Citizenship evidence.  You may bring in a copy of your U. S. Citizenship evidence to submit along with your original evidence to avoid the added fee.

In order to apply for a new passport for the first time, you will need to bring one picture ID, a certified copy of your Birth Certificate along with a copy of your Birth Certificate, and one 2" x 2" photo of yourself. The Clerk’s Office can take your photo for a fee of $10.00. If you currently possess a passport which was issued more than fifteen (15) years ago, you will need to bring it with you. Please use black ink only when filling out the application.

National Service Commitment

Customers will receive passports within 4-6 weeks from receipt of completed applications by Passport Agencies.

If traveling sooner than 4-6 weeks, customer must pay an additional $60.00 for expedited service  along with the overnight delivery service fees.   

The passport fee of either $110.00 or $80.00, the expedite fee of $60.00 and the overnight return delivery fee of $16.48 may all be included in one check or money order to U.S. Department of State. 

New Passport Card 

Customers will now have the option to apply for a Passport Book, a Passport Card, or Both on the new DS-11, DS-82 and DS-5504 forms.  The Passport Card may only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean.  The Passport Card will provide a less expensive, smaller and more convenient alternative for those who travel to these destinations.  The Passport Card is valid for 10 years for adults and 5 years for minors.  The cost for first time applicants is $65 for adults ($30 for the card and $35 for the Clerk's fee) and $50 for minors($15 for the card and $35 for the Clerk's fee).  If you apply for both documents at the same time the cost for first time applicants is $140 for adults and $95 for minors plus a $35 clerk fee.


Accepting 15-year old Passports with DS-82’s


The National Passport Agency accepts expired passports as evidence of citizenship and identity with an issue date not older than 15 years when submitted with Passport-by-Mail applications (DS-82) as long as the Agency is certain the photograph in the previous passport and the new photograph are the same person.


Two Parent Consent 

Parents submitting an application for a minor under the age of sixteen (16) must submit a long-form birth certificate with the parent’s names in order to establish relationship to the child.  If the child had a previous passport it must also be submitted.  Even if the child had a previous passport a birth certificate must also be presented.  Both parents must be present and bring a picture I.D. when applying for the child or present notarized evidence of why one parent cannot be present.


Making an Appointment at a Passport Agency  

For those with proof of more urgent departure, application in person at a Passport Agency is suggested.  The Miami Passport Agency serves Florida, South Carolina and the U.S. Virgin Islands.  The office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. by appointment only.

 The number for the National Passport Information Center is 1-877-487-2778.  Automated lines to make appointments are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  The best time to call is between 8:30 p.m. and 9:00 a.m., Eastern Time.  

The address for the Miami Passport Agency is: 

Miami Passport Agency 
1501 Biscayne Blvd Suite 210 
Miami, Florida 33132 
  • You will need to bring your passport photo, birth certificate, I.D., social security number and proof of need to travel.
  • Applicants should go to the first floor and an officer will direct you to the second floor. 

Do You Owe Child Support? 

Section 51.70(a)(8) of Title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations states, in part, that if you are certified to Passport Services by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to be in arrears of child support payments in excess of $2,500, you are ineligible to receive a U.S. passport.  If this applies to you, Passport Services strongly recommends that you contact the appropriate State child support enforcement agency to make payment arrangements before applying for a passport.  After payment arrangements have been made with the State agency, the following steps must be completed in order for you to be eligible to receive a U. S. passport:


  • The State child support enforcement agency must certify to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that acceptable payment arrangements have been made; AND
  • HHS must notify Passport Services by the removal of the name from the electronic list HHS gives to Passport Services.


Passport Services has no authority to issue a passport until HHS removes your name from its list.  Please note that it can take 2 – 3 weeks from the time you make payment arrangements with the State child support enforcement agency until your name is removed from HHS electronic list.  Some states require that back child support be paid-in-full before your name is removed.  For more information about your State agency, visit  Passport agencies have no information concerning your child support obligation.  

Passport application fees are non-refundable processing fees.


If you have any questions regarding the passport applications, please feel free to call the Clerk’s Office in LaBelle at (863) 675-5216.


The clerk does not expressly or impliedly warrant that the information or data accessed by the customer is accurate or correct.  The Clerk shall not be liable for any loss, cost, damage, or expense arising directly or indirectly in connection with this access.  In no event shall the Clerk be liable for any special or consequential damages or for any indirect damages resulting from the customer’s use or application of the information accessed as a result of using this website.